Following the bereavement of a loved one is often a difficult time. You are dealing with the emotions of losing someone close to you yet there is so much to be done. For many people helping to sort out the estate can be a part of the bereavement process. Yet, very often we hear that despite your best intentions people simply don't have the time or don't know where to start with it all.
Whilst you need a lawyer to cover the legal aspects, we essentially "hold your hand" and do the support work, at support service rates. It makes sense for us to this work as we have extensive legal expertise and know precisely what needs to be done to ensure the process is smooth and seamless.
We specialise in this work so it is our priority. You will save a significant amount of time and money by asking us to do the support work. We can work closely with your lawyer who can focus on the legal aspects of the case and tax forms that are required to obtain probate.
We work closely with many law firms so if you don't have a solicitor we can recommend one to you.
Here are some of the ways we help individuals:
- Sorting out probate paperwork
- Obtaining valuations of assets and liabilities
- Arranging property valuations
- Valuing household goods and contents
- Finding unclaimed assets
- Tracing missing beneficiaries
- Distributing assets to beneficiaries
- Protecting unoccupied properties
- Arranging property clearance
- Preparing estate accounts
- Deputyship accounts